Lumi is building a marketplace for manufacturing, starting with ecommerce packaging. Our goal is to make it easy for brands to access factories and work with them.
Hundreds of factories globally use Lumi to make their capabilities available to brands. More than 200M units have been produced on our marketplace to date.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
About the role
As a Manufacturer Support Manager, you’ll work one-on-one with suppliers across the globe to drive adoption and awareness of key features in Lumi’s marketplace. You will act as the face of Lumi for suppliers and as the conduit between their users and Lumi’s internal teams.
What you'll do
- Setup and onboard new suppliers. Track supplier progression and use milestones to trigger more advanced training.
- Monitor marketplace opportunities and intervene to stimulate supplier activity and encourage best-fit matches.
- Identify gaps in supplier coverage and work with the Network team to meet the needs of all marketplace customers.
- Manage supplier support channels and vet inbound supplier leads.
- Provide structured feedback to internal stakeholders, including user feedback and suggested solutions.
- Onboard and support international manufacturers in local time zones.
- Ability to work through support requests autonomously, often problem-solving on the fly. Comfortable making decisions as needed without direct oversight.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to discuss technical terms in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable with a level of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment. Organized and with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Understanding of online marketplaces and e-commerce operations
- Knowledge of packaging materials, material science, equipment, and manufacturing and printing processes
- Familiarity with G Suite, Salesforce CRM, Zendesk and other cloud operations platforms
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Top of the line computer equipment
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
- Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
- Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
- Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
- Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of supply chain, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
- Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!