Lumi is building a marketplace for manufacturing, starting with ecommerce packaging. Our goal is to make it easy for brands to access factories and work with them.
Hundreds of factories globally use Lumi to make their capabilities available to brands. More than 200M units have been produced on our marketplace to date.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
About the role
As the Talent Acquisition & People Manager, you’ll lead Lumi’s recruiting, talent acquisition, and HR support. You’ll partner across all levels of the organization to support in creating a positive employee onboarding experience and help further develop our people operations. By joining Lumi you’ll get to work with a scaling company creating change in an old industry.
What you'll do
- Lead the recruiting and talent acquisition such as posting jobs, sourcing candidates, reviewing applicants, scheduling, and conducting reference checks
- Work with our leadership team to better understand each team's current and future hiring needs, build a healthy pipeline for future needs
- Collaborate with managers on great job specifications, suggesting compensation bands for roles and developing profiles for targeted candidate sourcing
- Manage job postings and use of Lumi’s brand and voice in all employment branding efforts
- Complete reference checks and assist team leaders with offer negotiations
- Own and maintain applicant tracking software, we currently use Lever
- Implement and develop new systems and processes to support employee success and retention
- Serve as a point of contact for employee questions about HR topics
- Maintain company compliance with federal and applicable state labor laws (we’re a remote first company with employees across the US)
- Partner with the Accounting team to maintain employee data in Namely
- Update employee handbook to reflect current processes and keep Lumi in compliance with relevant laws
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- A track record building teams, finding and retaining talent
- Understanding of employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational development and training
- Outstanding interpersonal, overall communication, and presentations skills
- Extremely hands-on and comfortable working on a small team
- Passion for people, culture, process improvement, and helping people get the most out of their work experience
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create thoughtful proposals for the executive team for improving people processes at Lumi
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Top of the line computer equipment
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
- Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
- Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
- Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
- Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of supply chain, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
- Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!