Lumi is building a marketplace for manufacturing, starting with ecommerce packaging. Our goal is to make it easy for brands to access factories and work with them.
Hundreds of factories globally use Lumi to make their capabilities available to brands. More than 200M units have been produced on our marketplace to date.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
About the role
We are searching for a VP of Finance to join our executive team during a period of rapid growth and product development. With the launch of our self-serve marketplace, we’ve introduced ambitious new goals for our financial operations and we’re excited to add an executive to our finance team. You will be working alongside our CEO and leadership team to plan, forecast, and lead investor relations.
Ideally, you have a tenure at a high-growth technology companies and experience (or fascination) with marketplace businesses. Experience with physical products, ecommerce, manufacturing, and supply chain, are all a plus.
The Lumi executive team is highly collaborative and experimental. Ideally, you enjoy being part of a small team who likes to run fast together. As a B2B software company, finance considerations are also key product decisions, so we are seeking a candidate who will help contribute to product development in addition to leading the finance organization.
What you'll do
- Manage the accurate reporting of company financials, forecasts and companywide metrics to our executive team and board
- Prepare all financial statements and reports needed for investor relations and for internal stakeholders at Lumi to make timely and informed decisions
- Own the financial forecast model, updating and editing it alongside our CEO
- Build key relationships with our enterprise customers, top suppliers, and financial partners
- Manage customer and supplier payment terms decision making, helping relevant teams understand the impact of terms on cash
- Manage current team: Senior Accounting Manager and Staff Accountant
- Build out the finance org at Lumi, spec’ing out roles and recruiting for your team directly as Lumi scales
- Act as a thought partner to other executives, providing financial information to them to help make key decisions
- Hold executive team accountable for budgets they control
- Manage multi state tax laws and compliance
- Oversee equity options and valuations
- Review key contracts, legal documents, and agreements to identify the financial impact of terms SLA’s on our liability and cash flows
- Optimize cash flow and cash management through a tight collaboration with our customer and supplier facing teams
- Implement process improvements, and collaborate with our engineering team to better integrate Netsuite and the Lumi platform
- Anticipate challenges and help Lumi scale through effective resource management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA a plus
- 8+ years professional work experience in relevant finance roles
- Experience in SaaS, global manufacturing, and or supply chain is preferred
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience growing and leading a high-performance team of finance professionals
- Experience using Netsuite or other relevant ERP
- Experience using BI tools like Looker and collaboration with engineering teams strongly preferred
- Extremely hands-on and comfortable working in the fast paced environment of a startup, ability to collaborate with other executives directly to build systems and problem solve
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills for supplier and customer escalations
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Top of the line computer equipment
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
- Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
- Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
- Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
- Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of supply chain, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
- Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!