How to choose a quote
When you choose the best quote, you can start ordering in a few clicks.
- From your Lumi Dashboard, go to the Quoting view.
- Click on the request number of the request you want to view.
- In the left column, you can see the suppliers that sent a message in regard to your request, or sent an actual quote. This is where you'll see messages from the supplier if there are any and a link to view a quote if they've submitted one.
- Click the "View quote" button to see the quoted lead time, quality, and price breaks.
A supplier will quote a base cost and a first-order cost which accounts for tooling. Tooling refers to the cutting dies and printing plates that are custom made to print and cut your item.
Sometimes, a supplier may have to slightly adjust your specs to optimize for their machine capabilities.
If they do have to change the specifications, they will likely send a message with their quote, but it's a good practice to double check the specifications before accepting a quote.
- When you choose a quote you want to accept, click the "Approve this quote" button on the quote's page.
- Now, you'll be able to place an order for that item from the same page by clicking the "Add to order" button.
Tip: To see the history of quotes and quote requests for each item, click on the item in your Items view and scroll to Quote requests.