How to draft and submit orders
Learn how to submit orders to your suppliers on Lumi.
There are a few places where you can start an order.
- From the Orders view, select Create new order in the top right
- From the Items view, select an item and click the Add to order button next to the supplier of the Approved quote.
- From the Quoting view, select a request then select an Approved quote by clicking View quote. Click the Add to order button.
Creating an order using the second or third option will preload the item(s) into the new order. If you start from the Orders view, you will need to add items to your order in the next step.
Once you’ve created an order, select Add items in the left panel of the Order page. Select one or many items from the list and click Add to order.
You’ll only be able to add items to an order after you've chosen a quote and approved it. If any of your items do not appear as an option to add to the order it is because they’ve already been added to that order or you have not approved a quote for that item.
Estimated delivery: This is determined by the supplier. They will account for the time it takes to create / source materials, produce the packaging, and ship.
Quantity: The minimum order quantity is determined by thee supplier based on the capabilities of their machines
Once you’ve added at least one item to your order, you can save your progress at any point by selecting the Save and close action from the top right corner of the page.
Orders that are saved can be accessed and edited by anyone on your team via the Orders view with a "Draft" status.
As items in your order are completed, you’ll see a green checkbox appear next to the item in the left panel. Once all items are fully complete, you’ll see a Review order in the top right of the page.
This will take you to a page where you can review all the details of your order before submitting it. The review page is broken into these sections:
- Delivery schedule: The date, location, and quantity splits you’ve requested for the items on this order
- Items: The unit cost, total quantity, and subtotals for each item on this order
- Tooling: The tools that will be required to produce this order and their respective costs
- Other costs: The additional costs that you can expect to be associated with this order; not all costs are able to be determined at the time your order is being submitted
- Total: The total of all known costs for this order; additional costs that cannot yet be determined may still apply
- Billing schedule: A breakdown of when payment for this order will be due and the estimated amount that will be due at each step
Make sure to review the details carefully, then check the box stating you’ve read and agree to Lumi’s Terms and Conditions before submitting your order.
Note: After you submit an order, production will not start until you approve the proof that you receive from the supplier.
After you submit an order, but before it’s accepted or rejected, you can retract the submission by selecting Retract in the top right of the submitted order page. Retracting the order will move it back into a Draft status and allow you to edit its details. The order will no longer be reviewed until it has been resubmitted by a member of your team.
You can clone any order in your Orders view by selecting the order and clicking the Clone button in the top right.
Cloning an order will create a new order with all the same items, quantities, and splits as the original order. Cloning an order will not carry over any custom dates or items that have been disabled for purchasing since the original order was submitted.
Tip: This feature can be especially useful if you’ve created a complex order in the past and need to recreate those details.